Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween Pottery Barn Style

I always check in on Pottery Barn to see how they dress up the different Holidays. As I flip through the catalog I always think "I bet I could make that myself." I will also bet I could do it for a lot less money.

Take, for example, this glitter skull.


I'm going to check out my local dollar stores and see if I can come up with a skull. I have to think one of them will have one {if they're not already sold out}. How easy would it be to brush on some glue, sprinkle on some glitter, and voila, sparkle skull!

And these votives?

I'm not sure I've seen black votives? I never really looked for any either. I'm guessing I could pick them up at Pier 1 especially this time of year. Again, easy enough to check out the local Michael's for a skull and cross bones stamper or stencil. Sprinkle glitter and fancy votive you now have. All dressed up and ready to haunt.

The question is: can I do both projects for under $38 plus shipping. I'll be shopping around this week to see if it's possible and keep you posted.

2 comments:

michelle said...

I love all the PB Halloween stuff this year!

sauchagirl said...

I just got back from WalMart and found the skull and some glitter. I'm going to try out the project tonight. I'm so excited!