Thursday, October 9, 2008

Crockpot Applesauce


I did it! I made the Crockpot Applesauce yesterday. I first read about it at OldRedBarnCo and it sounded so good. I knew it would be a big hit. So what does anyone do when they want to find more out about something? That's right! They Google it! There are a ton of recipes out there so I kind of took a few and combined them to come up with my own rendition.

10 Large Apples Peeled, Cored, and Cut
1/2 Cup water
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2 cup of sugar depending on how sweet you like it and the type of apples you use.
Squeese of lemon

Put it all in a crockpot. Give it a stir. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.

The kids absolutely adored it! Seriously 10 apples didn't even fill one jar after the kids were done with their afternoon snack!

Do you have any great ideas for things you like to throw into the crockpot?

3 comments:

michelle said...

oh i am definitely trying that! we go through a serious amount of applesauce in this house.

michelle said...

hey there! i have a blog award for you over at my blog on monday morning :)

koopermom said...

Yum! I've made this recently too. Have you checked out the crockpot lady at http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

she's awesome! Happy SITS blogathon!