Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Apple Picking


I highly recommend an apple picking adventure as a great Fall family activity. I have Paulus' Family Orchard to thank!

I have never been apple picking until a few weekends ago. I know! Can you believe it? I've been strawberry picking and to a pumpkin patch as a kid but never apple picking.

We had such a blast!

I live for moments with the kids where I don't have to hear myself saying {Don't do that} or {Why did you do that}. That's why I love the beach with the kids. There aren't really any rules except {Have fun!} Now I can add apple picking to our list.

We chose to pick a half bushel of apples. We paid first and the man handed us a bag.

Our apple orchard had an extra section {of course you pay extra for it} with a corn maze and some great activities. There was a loose corn box {similar to a sand box} a play house and this amazing slide. Both my husband and I want to build this in our yard. I think young and old alike would get a thrill from going to down this slide!

We had three varieties of apples to choose from. We chose to pick all three. As we picked, the kids ate {we did too}. I have never tasted a better apple in my life! And the size of these apples. They were almost as big as grapefruits.

So we are eating apples and baking apples and making sauce and just having a {Gala} old time here in PA for apple picking season.


How about you? Do you have PYO {Pick your own} apple orchards in your area? Share some of your experiences.

No comments: