Monday, September 22, 2008

Martha, Martha, Martha!

I realized that I never told you what we got as gifts for being in the audience.

Maria Alexandra Vettese and Stephanie Congdon Barnes
brought along a copy of their book A Year of Mornings 3191 Miles Apart It's an amazing book of photography. Two friends living across the country from one another take pictures and post them to a common blog for a year. The book is a compilation of those photos. It's amazing to see how the photos were related when the two had never discussed what they would be photographing that day.


Also we received the calendar from Meg from Cute Overload. All things cute and cuddly.


Last but definitely not least we got an HP All in One Wireless Printer. How cool!


After the Martha Stewart Show we were so hungry! Remember I could not eat anything earlier due to excitement.

We ate the Blue Water Grill. How fabulous! The service was great. The food was yummy. The atmosphere was perfect. The restaurant is an old converted bank and we sat up on the balcony. We had a great view of the street and the rest of the restaurant.

We were a little early for our lunch reservation and so we had strolled through the Union Square Market. This is an amazing space stuck right in the middle of the city. It was breathtaking to see flats of wheat grass and fresh chickens, barrels of beautiful flowers and fresh goat cheeses. The market was filled with people strolling and buying. There were people sitting on park benches and laying in the grass enjoying the sunny end of summer day. I so wish that I was within walking distance to a market like this.


I really do know how fortunate I was to take such a wonderful trip. It is something I will remember for the rest of my life. I'm already wishing I could go back to NYC. I have such a fantastic husband who was more than willing to take a day off of his busy schedule to hang out with the kids and get them where they needed to be. I had a super friend who didn't hesitate for a minute to accompany me on this trip. I'm so thankful to both of you for making this happen!

No comments: