Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Walk Through My Olivia's Room

We've lived in our house for 15 months. We've done a few decorating projects here and there. But our first true room redo was on our little Olivia's room.

The youngest of three and the only girl. I had, had to make her room girly. What could be more girl than {Tiffany Box Blue}?!

I brought my box to Lowe's and they were able to match it perfectly! I love her room. Oh to be a young girl again.

Her room is filled with many handmade projects and lots of things she loves.


I love that in Olivia's room even a play cell phone has a place to rest it's head.

Here on a shelf high above is a print done by Elaine Biss. Also, a Tiffany catalog waiting for it's frame.

I love this little corner of her room where she can sit and admire or read books or whatever a little three year old would do on a happily decorated adirondack chair.

Maybe my favorite project of all time are these canvases decorated with fabric and personalized with Miss Olivia's name. Thank Sandi Henderson for the perfect fabric!

A little girl's room wouldn't be complete without a hand painted, personalized headboard. Great bargain headboard from Goodwill for $1.50. Can't we all use a bargain like that this time of year?!


This little girl is also lucky enough to have a talented Boonie {altered Polish for Grandmother} who handmade Olivia a doll for her birthday and even embroidered a special message.

Speaking of embroidery. The Easter Bunny a few years back was busy making personalized tooth fairy pillows for her children. I loved how this one looked until a certain little girl slept with it one night and drooled all over it. Continuing on, I threw together this vintage paper doll collage that reminds me of good times as a little one.

You can't really get the idea from this picture but there is fishing line strung across her room on which colorful butterflies make their way around her room. The shadow's at night when we only have the one little light on are amazing to fall asleep to.

So that's the tour of My Olivia's Room. How about you? What kind of fun things have you done to make your children's a special place for them to make dreams?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love your little girls room! It is so sweet and girly!!